Established in July 1998 by our Honorary President Mr Peter C.T. Huang, Australian Taiwanese Chamber of Commerce (Qld) Inc (“ATCCQ”) is a local chapter of the World Taiwanese Chambers of Commerce (“WTCC”) presently established in some 62 countries (including Australia) and nearly 168 cities over 6 continents, with a combined total membership exceeding 30,000 people, the majority of which are businesses entrepreneurs.
The WTCC is the largest networking platform for Taiwanese business people throughout the world and for those who have interests in investing in Taiwan or bilateral trade relationship with Taiwan (or the greater China through the channels of Taiwanese entrepreneurs).
At a local level, ATCCQ currently has some 150 members who are Queensland Taiwanese, coming from many diversified professions and industries. The majority of our members have strong connections between Australia and overseas market, particularly in the Far East region.
ATCCQ is committed to promote and strengthen bilateral trade, investment and cultural relations between Queensland and Taiwan and is committed to uphold the highest standards of excellence and service in these regards.
- To promote the status of Taiwanese entrepreneurs in Queensland and to identify and develop potential business and investment opportunities in Queensland and Australia.
- To strengthen mutual contacts, co-operations and friendships among Taiwanese entrepreneurs throughout Australia and to exchange business skills, management experiences and intellectual knowledge.
- To provide business and financial information and resources to Queensland Taiwanese entrepreneurs in order to strength economic and trade co-operations between Australia, Taiwan and Oceania countries.
- To work and lobby for the betterment of the status of Taiwanese entrepreneurs in Australia and to enhance the relationship between the officials of Australia and Taiwan.
- To promote social and cultural exchange in order to enhance the mutual understanding and economic developments.